Overall your #1 pick when choosing the best adult tricycle should always be the Schwinn Meridian Tricycle available in both 24" and 26" wheels. We'd slightly prefer a 26" wheel model for most people unless you are really pressed for space and the slightly smaller wheel size will make a difference in space savings.
Cruise in style around town as you remain comfortable all throughout your ride in this easy to use tricycle. There are no gears to comprehend, thanks to its single speed feature. There’s no need for balance either, so no worries. Anyone who can literally hold on to it and reach the pedals can make it run!
The trike features a low step-through frame for getting on the trike with ease. The wide handlebars lets you maintain an upright position while you are conveniently seated on the padded spring saddle. The Meridian is built with alloy rims, stainless steel spokes, and smooth-riding tires within its lightweight aluminum frame which ensures a stable ride. With 26″ wheels, you’ve got yourself the ideal tire size.Comfort and safety are combined with all the previously mentioned qualities of this trike coupled with the rear hand brake and front brake for reliability whenever you need to stop. However, first timers would have to accustom themselves to the pulling sensation tricycles elicit.
The convenience of the folding rear basket makes the Meridian stand out, which when folded down serves as a flat bed basket. This feature lets you stash your entire picnic lunch box, grants you ample room for groceries, books, bags and extra jacket, and allows your lovely dog to tag along.
Features & Specs
- Single-speed, 3-wheeled bike with lightweight aluminum step-through frame
- Rear hand brake and front linear pull brake for reliable, sure stopping
- Alloy rims with stainless-steel spokes and smooth-riding tires
- Comfortable padded spring cruiser saddle; upright handlebars
- Folding rear basket is perfect for picnics or storing groceries
- Dimensions: 10.8 x 31.3 x 53.6 inches
- Colors: Blue, Red Weight: 70 pounds
Pros of the Schwinn Meridian
- Bigger and faster 26-inch wheels than the 24-inch counterpart, but if you prefer smaller wheels, you may want to consider the latter which has mostly the same features.
- Sturdy and stable since it is built with safety and made to carry up to 350 pounds of weight.
- Easy assembly with only a couple of parts to attach, but for the elderly, it should be achieved with a helping hand or have someone get it done for them.
- Does not strain and put too much pressure on the hips or back for relaxed cycling and a healthier body with a regular, almost effortless form of exercise.
- Stylish front and rear fenders and vibrant, attractive cherry-colored lightweight frame.
- The best adult tricycle you can get on a budget that manages to provide you with comfortability.
Cons of the Schwinn Meridian
- It can produce strange noises at the rear, but this is mainly due to bolts that need tightening, and oiling may also help.
- The back tire fenders tend to rub against the tires.
- It is big and cannot be folded, so you must ensure during assembly that it fits through door frames.
Bask under the warmth of the sun as you take a nice stroll in your neighborhood! The elements this Schwinn Meridian trike is built with makes it useful even during rainy days as well. You can immediately enjoy your ride on your new adult tricycle without the added trouble of licenses, taxes, insurance problems that arrive with other vehicles.